[openstack-dev] Ongoing post-migration wiki cleanup

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Feb 27 14:56:38 UTC 2013

On 2013-02-27 09:10:06 +0000 (+0000), Lu, Lianhao wrote:
> I remembered in the oldwiki, the content of
> http://old-wiki.openstack.org/Ceilometer/XYZ would be
> automatically populated into the "Subpages" section of
> http://old-wiki.openstack.org/Ceilometer. Looks like this function
> is not available in the new wiki
> http://wiki.openstack.org/Ceilometer.
>
> Is there a way to fix that?

It seems like a fairly Moin-specific feature which likely doesn't
translate to how MW works (since page names are arbitrary and not
bound to filesystem semantics). I'm guessing there's no means to
automate that short of maybe installing some obscure extension, but
I've pinged Ryan Lane in case he has any suggestions.

Once way I've tackled things similarly in MW in the past is to make
the "parent" page into a category page with content, and then add
the "child" pages to that category. The page index you get that way
is handled automatically by the categorization feature, and provides
a similar feel. It does require editing all those pages to add them
to the appropriate category however, and moving the main page for
that category into the Category: namespace.
--
Jeremy Stanley