[openstack-dev] Use of cached network info in Nova

Day, Phil philip.day at hp.com
Wed Feb 27 14:25:21 UTC 2013

Hi Folks,

I was looking at how the floating_ip extension in Nova works with Quantum, and I see that it makes use of the cached network info to get the fixed_ip information.

That made me wonder how that cached info is kept up to date if changes to the Instances network configuration is made directly in Quantum ?

I haven't seen any guidance that says, for example, that you should only every use the network extensions in Nova or the Quantum API but not both on the same instance - or is this implicit ?

Thanks
Phil