[openstack-dev] Getting test failures in trunk around test_libvirt ... oslo problem?

Clark Boylan clark.boylan at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 19:12:09 UTC 2013

On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 11:03 AM, Sandy Walsh <sandy.walsh at rackspace.com> wrote:
> All the test_libvirt.LibvirtConnTestCase.test_xml_and_uri_rescue* test
> are failing.
>
> http://paste.openstack.org/show/32353/
>
> s1rp identified the problem in test_libvirt
>
> 1911
> 1912                 check = (lambda t: t.findall(xpath)[2].get("name"),
> 1913                          "version")
> 1914                 check_list.append(check)
> 1915                 check = (lambda t: t.findall(xpath)[2].text,
>
> 1916                          version.version_string_with_package())
>
> 1917                 check_list.append(check)
> 1918
>
> ... looking at nova/openstack/common/version.py there is no
> version_string_with_package method at all?
>
> Methinks we've got something funky going on.
>
> I wonder how this could have got past Jenkins?
>
> Thoughts?
>
> -S

First thought is that it may be related to what
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/21491/ tries to fix. Libvirt tests on
Jenkins don't use libvirt proper, they use a fake libvirt so you may
see different behaviour when you run tests locally with real libvirt.
Monty has tried to fix this in the past, but those attempts have not
been successful. Another place to look would be in the subunit logs
that Jenkins copies for each unittest run. They will tell you if the
test ran and will have captured any stdout, stderr, and logs produced
by the test.

Clark