[openstack-dev] Volume Encryption

Paul Sarin-Pollet psarpol at gmx.com
Thu Feb 21 10:45:50 UTC 2013

Concerning the performances of encryption by dm-crypt and the selected algorithm, has this (old) blog post already been posted here ?

http://blog.wpkg.org/2009/04/23/cipher-benchmark-for-dm-crypt-luks/
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=intel_aesni_dmcrypt&num=2

Your current implementation uses cryptsetup in the nova compute nodes doesn't it? What is the impact of the ciphering on CPU performances ?