[openstack-dev] [oslo] Option conflict when mixing projects

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Wed Feb 20 13:52:40 UTC 2013

On Wed, 2013-02-20 at 14:46 +0100, Julien Danjou wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 20 2013, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
>
> > Ok, so the issue is that the ceilometer code also needs to be using
> > nova.openstack.common.rpc if it is running inside nova-compute
>
> And how do we deal with cases like the RPC for Nova and for Ceilometer
> using different backends, or on differents hosts?
>
> Actually, the first problem is that both project are using different
> control_exchange, and both are trying to set this option to different
> values.

I don't know exactly what you're trying to achieve here, but if you need
different RPC configuration for ceilometer code in nova-compute then you
need a separate configuration file and a separate ConfigOpts object

Basically, there should be a way to pass an object other than
oslo.confg.cfg.CONF to the RPC calls.

Cheers,
Mark.