[openstack-dev] Oslo-config update in Nova

Pitucha, Stanislaw Izaak stanislaw.pitucha at hp.com
Wed Feb 20 12:51:10 UTC 2013

Hi all,
I run into the same oslo-config issues as mentioned in other threads in the last couple of days, but I think in Nova the dependency is done in a rather bad way at the moment. Currently run_tests runs install_venv which is supposed to install all the needed packages. But install_venv itself depends on oslo-config, so a manual intervention is necessary on the first run in every environment.

I think that since there's only one argument handled in that function, it would be better to revert to argparse instead and make oslo-config installable via the same mechanism as all other dependencies. (actually it would be enough to check len(argv)>1 && argv[1]=='-n', but let's keep it for the future)

The change is at https://review.openstack.org/22418 - please have a look at it.

Regards,
Stanisław Pitucha
Cloud Services