[openstack-dev] Have Jenkins run validation script in openstack-manuals

Lorin Hochstein lorin at nimbisservices.com
Mon Feb 18 00:05:59 UTC 2013

The openstack-manuals repo now contains a Python script that can checks if
all of the relevant XML files in the repository conform to the appropriate
DocBook schema. To run this script, from the openstack-manuals root
directory:

$ tools/validate.py

It requires the Python lxml package.

It would be useful if Jenkins could run this script every time somebody
submits an openstack-manuals patch via Gerrit. I don't think it should be
used as a gate, but just as information to the reviewers.

Can anybody advise me on how to make this happen? I'm unfamiliar with the
Jenkins/Zuul infrastructure so I don't really know where to start to
contribute a patch to make this happen.

(As an aside, openstack-manuals probably *should* gate on being able to
successfully generate all of the docs. I don't think it's currently doing).

I initially asked this the openstack-qa list a couple of weeks ago <
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-qa/2013-January/000178.html>,
but I haven't gotten a response there.

Take care,

Lorin