[openstack-dev] Moving nova.conf compute driver options from [DEFAULT] to [DRIVER_NAME]

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Fri Feb 15 11:58:18 UTC 2013

On 02/15/2013 06:22 PM, Alessandro Pilotti wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> As discussed with russelb and during the OpenStack Hyper-V meetings,
> it'd be a great to move compute driver specific onfigurations from
> nova.conf's [DEFAULT] group to a driver specific group (e.g. [LIBVIRT],
> [HYPERV], etc).

I don't agree it would be "great". And IMO, this serves no purpose.

Currently, in Debian, we already have a compute specific config file, in
/etc/nova/nova-compute.conf, which holds this information for hypervisor
specific stuff, so on the user point of view, it's already nice and
separated from the rest of the directives.

> The obvious issue is that breaking backwards compatibility is not an option.

Correct.

Thomas