[openstack-dev] [marconi] Agenda for tomorrow's extra meeting at 19:00 UTC

Kurt Griffiths kurt.griffiths at rackspace.com
Thu Feb 14 20:29:54 UTC 2013

> Why is there a new service when there was Burrow?

I actually worked with Eric Day on the Burrow spec, and was super excited for the project, but unfortunately the timing wasn't right and Eric has long since moved on to other things. A couple summits ago, an attempt was made to revive Burrow as an SQS-compatible API on top of RabbitMQ, but that didn't gain any traction AFAIK.

This time around, I think the timing is better; Marconi resurrected the idea of an OpenStack queueing service, and I've been trying to incorporate as many good ideas from Burrow as possible.

@kgriffs