[openstack-dev] [quantum] bullking support?

Paul Michali pcm at cisco.com
Thu Feb 14 14:47:09 UTC 2013

Inline PCM:

On Feb 14, 2013, at 4:45 AM, Gary Kotton wrote:

> On 02/13/2013 02:19 PM, Paul Michali wrote:
>>
>> Had a few quick questions on bulking support.
>>
>> Are there plugins that have bulking support already?
>
> The openvswitch and linuxbridge plugins support bulk network, port and subnet creations.

PCM: Thanks, I'll take a look at the UTs for these to understand how they work.

> I am not aware of the CLI supporting this but you can do it via the client API. You just need to pass a list of the items that you wish to create. I recall that Salvator opened a bug indicating the API differs from the documentation.

PCM: So to be sure that I understand… currently, there isn't a way for an end user to do bulk creation of networks/subnets/ports? To do this, an app would be needed to access the client API?

Also, is there a policy on handling errors with bulk operations? Is it all or none, or best effort? For example, if I want to create 3 networks, and there is an error when creating the second one in the batch, does the first get rolled back? Does the third one get skipped or is a create attempted?

Regards,

PCM (Paul Michali)