[openstack-dev] [Swift] Error while starting container, account, object servers.

Pete Zaitcev zaitcev at redhat.com
Tue Feb 12 18:41:09 UTC 2013

On Tue, 12 Feb 2013 14:00:09 +0530
Sujay M <sujay.m17 at gmail.com> wrote:

> root at vm2:~# swift-init all restart
> No container-server running
> Signal object-server  pid: 532  signal: 15
> No object-server running

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/bin/swift-container-server", line 22, in <module>
> socket.error: [Errno 99] Cannot assign requested address
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/bin/swift-object-server", line 22, in <module>
>     run_wsgi(conf_file, 'object-server', default_port=6000, **options)
> socket.error: [Errno 99] Cannot assign requested address

This seems like a problem: consistency of the running state is lost,
so the server is running but there's no pidfile or it points at a
wrong process.

For now, I would verify that processes exit after the swift-init
all stop, kill by hand as appropriate, then start. If this keeps
happening, we'll need to look into it closer.

-- Pete