[openstack-dev] [Quantum] Query regarding multiple private networks

Dan Wendlandt dan at nicira.com
Tue Feb 12 17:15:25 UTC 2013

On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 2:20 AM, Unmesh Gurjar <unmesh.gurjar at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a single node devstack installation using Quantum (with the default
> settings, my localrc settings can be checked here:
> http://paste.openstack.org/show/31084/). I am able to ping an instance
> having the default i.e. 'private' network created by devstack.
> I created a new private network following the same steps as devstack
>  (mentioned here:
> https://github.com/openstack-dev/devstack/blob/master/lib/quantum#L267).
>
> However, I am unable to ping an instance having the new network. Can
> someone please suggest steps to debug the issue.

When you are pinging, are you pinging from the hypervisor itself? A quantum
L2 network is intentionally isolated unless you connect it to something.
 You could attach that network to your router, and then add a route on your
host to reach that subnet via the router.  If you look, that is what
devstack already did for your first network:
https://github.com/openstack-dev/devstack/blob/master/lib/quantum#L287
Dan

> Another query is, for a network created from the Dashboard, I don't see
> few things happening such as entry getting added to the routing table. Is
> this a known limitation of Dashboard?
>

> --
> Thanks & Regards,
> Unmesh G.