[openstack-dev] How to make a change in openstack/common

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Sun Feb 10 21:51:22 UTC 2013

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 8:43 AM, Day, Phil <philip.day at hp.com> wrote:

> However this is my first time venturing into changing openstack/common – so
> I’d appreciate some pointers on how to start.   I’m assuming that I start by
> pushing the change for review against
> https://github.com/openstack/oslo-incubator – but it’s not clear to me what
> I then need to do before I can get that change into Nova so I can add the
> extra parameter to the call from conductor/manager.

Yep, this is a two step process. First off send off a change against
openstack/oslo-incubator (the new name for common) with your change.
It then goes through the standard code review process. Then you need
to sync the change into nova and send a code review for that as well.

The sync process is to use update.py from the oslo-incubator
repository, although you probably only want to sync the module you
changed.

Cheers,
Mikal