[openstack-dev] Bumping eventlet to 0.12.0+

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Sun Feb 10 04:12:51 UTC 2013

On Sat, 2013-02-09 at 22:56 -0500, Eric Windisch wrote:
> As such, contributions are NOT under the Apache license, but are
> licensed under the CLA to the OpenStack Foundation and then relicensed
> by the foundation under the Apache license.

The CLAs' terms is very similar to the terms of the Apache License 2.0.
I basically think of the CLA as "I submit my contribution to OpenStack
under the terms of the Apache License 2.0". But IANAL

>   As such, I'm not entitled to actually submit MIT licensed code into
> the project (which very well may be a good thing).

That is probably true, but I'm not 100% sure.

IMHO, the question on 0.12.0 is to distro maintainers - how disruptive
is the requirement for 0.12.0 in Grizzly?

If it is disruptive, we can punt on it until Havana and recommend to
folks they use 0.12.0 if they want to use the zmq driver.

Cheers,
Mark.