[openstack-dev] Setting-up Openstack automagically with pre-seeding and Debian packages

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Sat Feb 9 17:53:16 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'm quite happy to announce that I wrote a pre-seed script for the
Debian packages of Openstack (which I maintain). This sets up openstack
in one go, hands-off the keyboard. It's in the "openstack-auto-builder"
git repository on alioth.debian.org:

git clone git://anonscm.debian.org/openstack/openstack-auto-builder.git
cd openstack-auto-builder
vi preseeder # Change the passwords and API endpoint IP at end of file
sudo ./preseeder

If you just want to have a look, the script is also here:
http://archive.gplhost.com/misc/automagical_openstack.txt

This works currently only with my unofficial Debian repository, until
everything gets approved by FTP masters and goes in Debian experimental.
It would also work if you use the openstack-auto-builder script, which
also creates a Debian repository ready to use. The addresses of GPLHost
mirrors are available in the Debian Folsom howto:
https://wiki.debian.org/OpenStackHowto/Folsom

I'd be happy to read any feedback...

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)

P.S: I haven't find out (yet) why nova-api doesn't start at first shot,
hence the hack at the last line of the script to start it after
everything is setup.