[openstack-dev] [quantum][CLI]Specifying None values to attributes.

Dan Wendlandt dan at nicira.com
Fri Feb 8 18:10:22 UTC 2013

On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 7:10 AM, Roman Prykhodchenko <
rprikhodchenko at mirantis.com> wrote:

> I assume I should ping the community again about this issue. Does anyone
> have any thought on this?

Hi Roman,

Sorry, I think people on the team a bit overwhelmed with reviews + the G-3
deadline, and are probably behind on general list email.

I agree that this is a general problem.  Yong, Mark, and Salvatore are
probably the most relevant people to answer this question, as I'm not up to
date on these client / API discussions.  I'll ping them and encourage them
to comment on-list.

Dan

> - Roman
>

> On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 1:24 PM, Roman Prykhodchenko <
> rprikhodchenko at mirantis.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi folks!
>>
>> Recently I implemented a patch that allows resetting session persistence
>> for a VIP: https://review.openstack.org/#**/c/20725/<https://review.openstack.org/#/c/20725/>
>> .
>> What I noticed is that it's not possible to use this feature from the
>> command line. The problem seems to be quite general because there's no way
>> of specifying None values for attributes.
>>
>> As some of you noticed in the review Yong (gongysh) has made some changes
>> that allow to specify action=clear in the quantum-client's shell and that
>> will send a None value: https://review.openstack.org/#**/c/17436/<https://review.openstack.org/#/c/17436/>.
>> Unfortunately that change is abandoned right now because we didn't came up
>> with a consensus about dealing with None values in command line environment.
>>
>> I think it's reasonable to re-initiate this discussion because specifying
>> None values from the command line is quite a necessary thing now and it
>> needs a generic solution.
>>

>> - Roman

Dan Wendlandt
Nicira, Inc: www.nicira.com