[openstack-dev] RFC: custom metadata per VM instance at boot time (eg for kernel args)

Ian Wells ijw.ubuntu at cack.org.uk
Fri Feb 8 14:19:38 UTC 2013

Seconded (in the generic form, not just for kernel arguments; I'm sure
there are other things that we might want to tweak about the machine
pre-boot in the longer term, as we already do with such things as config
disks and file injection).  You may want to have a property in glance that
indicates that, for a given image, you should respect the kernel args
parameter, though.

Your proposal is libvirt specific.  There's no real reason for it to be.