[openstack-dev] [devstack] systemd failures with devstack on Fedora 17/18

Kyle Mestery (kmestery) kmestery at cisco.com
Thu Feb 7 22:00:34 UTC 2013

I've been seeing this for a while, but now I've seen it on enough systems I thought I'd ask on list about it.

On both Fedora 17 and Fedora 18, when I use devstack, after a devstack run my D-Bus daemon has died such that systemctl no longer works. If I try to run systemctl, I see this:

[kmestery at fedora-mac devstack]$ systemctl
Failed to get D-Bus connection: No connection to service manager.
[kmestery at fedora-mac devstack]$

I've googled around for this, but haven't seen anything concrete. Does anyone have any idea what might be happening, or where I could look to understand why this is happening?

Thanks!
Kyle