[openstack-dev] Use of local()

Joe Gordon jogo at cloudscaling.com
Thu Feb 7 20:15:08 UTC 2013

i18n support prevents us from doing something like:

_("The server with id %()s has no key %s" % (s_id, m_key))

Because translations my reverse the sentence structures.  So the two
options are:

_("The server with id %(s_id)s has no key %(m_key)s" % locals())

and

msg = _("The server with id %(s_id)s has no key %(m_key)s")
LOG.error(msg % {"s_id": "1234", "m_key": "imageId"})

https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/master/HACKING.rst#internationalization-i18n-strings