[openstack-dev] [swift] [keystone] Keystone v3 API domains in Swift

David Chadwick d.w.chadwick at kent.ac.uk
Thu Feb 7 16:31:28 UTC 2013

I think that any mechanism that allows a recipient to know the
difference between user fred defined by domain 1, user fred defined by
domain 2 and user fred who is a globally unique, BY LOOKING AT THE NAME
COMPONENT ONLY, is sufficient. So making the name component a structure
such as

  {
  "domain": "DOM12334",
  "user": "FADEBACCA"
  }

where domain can be an optional component of name, where user is already
globally unique, is fine.

The same mechanism could apply to the role attribute and also to the
tenant/project attribute, so that both of these can be locally or
globally named.

regards

David