[openstack-dev] Hardcoding of requests in client

Flavio Percoco fpercoco at redhat.com
Wed Feb 6 16:28:45 UTC 2013

On 02/06/2013 04:49 PM, Chuck Short wrote:

> I would like to propose a transition to allow at least requests 1.1
> since that is the latest version according to pypi and most linux
> distros will be migrating to that sooner or later.
>
> Thoughts comments, flaming arrows?

Good point!

I was actually digging on this earlier today. I would personally agree
and work on the migration if core developers agree as well!

I took a quick look over the different clients and it seems that the
only thing not forward compatible is the `config` keyword argument being
passed to `requests.requests` (at least in (nova|keystone)client).

glanceclient doesn't use requests yet but there's an effort being put on
its migration to it [0]. The thing is that this migration is currently
blocked for the same reason, since requests 1.1 implements `chunked`
requests which is a required feature for glanceclient.

So, the migration isn't as simple as changing one number but I would
definitely +1 it if core devs agree as well.

[0]
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/python-glanceclient/+spec/python-request

Cheers,
FF