[openstack-dev] Hardcoding of requests in client

Kevin L. Mitchell kevin.mitchell at rackspace.com
Wed Feb 6 16:27:38 UTC 2013

On Wed, 2013-02-06 at 10:49 -0500, Chuck Short wrote:
> I would like to propose a transition to allow at least requests 1.1
> since that is the latest version according to pypi and most linux
> distros will be migrating to that sooner or later.
>
> Thoughts comments, flaming arrows?

My only comment is that, as I understand it, requests 0.9 and requests
1.0 are incompatible interfaces, meaning that this transition will
likely entail more than just updating the pip-requires.  That said, I'm
all for allowing the use of the latest version of our dependencies
wherever possible, as it does simplify supporting client usage on the
latest systems…
--
Kevin L. Mitchell <kevin.mitchell at rackspace.com>