[openstack-dev] [quantum] executing shell commands on a tenant's VM

Addepalli Srini-B22160 B22160 at freescale.com
Wed Feb 6 00:03:15 UTC 2013

I am not sure "ip netns exec" can run a command in a VM.  I think it runs the command in hypervisor OS.

"virtio-serial" is one method supported for VM to hypervisor communication.

One way to do this is to have proxy agent in hypervisor OS which proxies the LB configuration requests from local SLB VM to Quantum LB Driver.

To take care  of any security issues,  proxy agents may need to have a mechanism to validate  VM to ensure that the VM connecting to it has permissions to get the LB configuration.

Thanks
Srini