[openstack-dev] Libvirt bug 996840 during volume-attach

Bontala, Vibhuvardhan vibhuvardhan.bontala at emc.com
Tue Feb 5 17:04:11 UTC 2013

Hi,

I have been consistently seeing the issue reported in

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libvirt/+bug/996840

I see libvirt hangs when a call to "nova volume-attach" is called. Are there any plans to fix this issue in the near term or Grizzly-3? Please let me know.

The workaround for this is to replace the libvirt API call with CLI based virsh calls in nova/virt/libvirt/driver.py code. This has to be done for both attach_volume() and detach_volume(). But I think this is not a reliable way of doing it in nova.

Thanks
Vibhu Bontala