[openstack-dev] [quantum] RPC communication agent to quantum server

Gary Kotton gkotton at redhat.com
Sun Feb 3 15:19:47 UTC 2013

On 02/02/2013 07:52 PM, Ravi Chunduru wrote:
> L3 agent uses Qclient to communicate with Quantum server while Plugin
> agents used RPC.
> I understand there is a BP for L3 agent to use RPC in coming days.

Hi Ravi,
In Grizzly the L3 agent makes use of the RPC to interface with the
Quantum plugin. In Folsom the L3 agent makes use of the Quantum client
API to retrieve the l3 data.
Yes, there is keystone authentication. Can you please look at:
https://github.com/openstack/quantum/blob/stable/folsom/quantum/agent/l3_agent.py#L120
This is via the parameters in the INI file:
https://github.com/openstack/quantum/blob/stable/folsom/etc/l3_agent.ini#L13

> I was going through OVS agent code, found that it does not
> authenticate with keystone, which I feel is a  security concern.

The code that you are referring to is most probably for the l2 agent
interface.