[openstack-dev] [Quantum] alembic migration for loadbalancer plugin DB

Ilya Shakhat ishakhat at mirantis.com
Fri Feb 1 14:44:03 UTC 2013

Hi,

I have a couple of questions related to alembic migrations:

1) In Grizzly we introduce LBaaS plugin which extends Quantum DB with set
of specific tables. Do we need to add specification of these tables into
alembic migrations? (taking into account that they are completely new).

2) While investigating how alembic works, I tried to create migration
script by the command mentioned at
https://github.com/openstack/quantum/blob/master/quantum/db/migration/README
:

*$ quantum-db-manage --config-file /path/to/quantum.conf --config-file
/path/to/plugin/config.ini revision -m "description of revision"
--autogenerate*

but it returns:

*INFO  [alembic.migration] Context impl SQLiteImpl.*
*INFO  [alembic.migration] Will assume transactional DDL.*
*  Target database is not up to date.*

what do I do wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Ilya