[openstack-dev] [nova] Turbo-hipster

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Tue Dec 31 21:58:11 UTC 2013

Hi.

So while turbo hipster is new, I've been reading every failure message
it produces to make sure its not too badly wrong. There were four
failures posted last night while I slept:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/64521
============================

This one is a TH bug. We shouldn't be testing stable branches.
bug/1265238 has been filed to track this.

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/61753
============================

This is your review. The failed run's log is
https://ssl.rcbops.com/turbo_hipster/logviewer/?q=/turbo_hipster/results/61/61753/8/check/gate-real-db-upgrade_nova_percona_user_001/1326092/user_001.log
and you can see from the failure message that migrations 152 and 206
took "too long".

Migration 152 took 326 seconds, where our historical data of 2,846
test migrations says it should take 222 seconds. Migration 206 took 81
seconds, where we think it should take 56 seconds based on 2,940 test
runs.

Whilst I can't explain why those migrations took too long this time
around, they are certainly exactly the sort of thing TH is meant to
catch. If you think your patch isn't responsible (perhaps the machine
is just being slow or something), you can always retest by leaving a
review comment of "recheck migrations". I have done this for you on
this patch.

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/61717
============================

This review also had similar unexplained slowness, but has already
been rechecked by someone else and now passes. I note that the
slowness in both cases was from the same TH worker node, and I will
keep an eye on that node today.

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/56420
============================

This review also had slowness in migration 206, but has been rechecked
by the developer and now passes. It wasn't on the percona-001 worker
that the other two were on, so perhaps this indicates that we need to
relax the timing requirements for migration 206.

Hope this helps,
Michael

On Wed, Jan 1, 2014 at 12:34 AM, Gary Kotton <gkotton at vmware.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> It seems that she/he is behaving oddly again. I have posted a patch that
> does not have any database changes and it has give me a –1….
> Happy new year
> Gary

Rackspace Australia