[openstack-dev] [OpenStack-Dev] IDE extensions in .gitignore

Chmouel Boudjnah chmouel at enovance.com
Tue Dec 31 17:19:56 UTC 2013

I am not sure if this is the global .gitignore you are thinking of but this
> is the one I am in favor of:
>
> https://help.github.com/articles/ignoring-files#global-gitignore
>

> Maintaining .gitignore in 30+ repositories for a potentially infinite
> number of editors is very hard, and thankfully we have an easier way to do
> it.

I hereby +1 this I think we should just remove all editors specifics in
.gitignore and leave it to the user to set this up which would be useful
for him as well on other projects (i.e: not openstack) that doesn't have
such .gitignore .

Chmouel.