[openstack-dev] [openstack][keystone] Is the user password too simple?

li-zheming li-zheming at 163.com
Mon Dec 30 06:55:16 UTC 2013

hi all:
      when create user, you can set user password. You can set password as a simple word 'a'. the
password is too simple but not limit. if someone want to steal your password, it is so easily(such as exhaustion).
I consider that it must be limited when set password, like this:
      1. inlcude uppper and lower letters
      2. include nums
      3. include particular symbol,such as  '_','&'
      4. the length>8
administor can set the password rule.

I want to  provide a BP about  this issue. can you give me some advice or ideas??
thanks!
                                                                                                                    lizheming