[openstack-dev] [oslo.messaging] bug 1257293: QPID broadcast RPC requests to all servers for a given topic

Ihar Hrachyshka ihrachys at redhat.com
Mon Dec 23 15:25:04 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I'm new to openstack and qpid, trying to get more insight into messaging. I've attempted to verify the fix for the bug 1257293 in LP, but the scenario fails for me, even though oslo.messaging fix reached github master I used for my verification attempt.

Briefly, I've repeated actions from the bug, and I still see that topic messages with multiple listening servers are handed to all topic subscribers, when using qpid' topology=2, as if it's fanout. For topology=1 case, it works as expected (messages are handled by subscribers in turn, in a round-robin fashion). [The same behaviour was observed by the reporter before the fix.]

The bug in question: https://bugs.launchpad.net/oslo/+bug/1257293
My latest comment with more details on my verification steps: https://bugs.launchpad.net/oslo/+bug/1257293/comments/31

If you know what I could miss, or have other comments on the matter, please comment.

Thanks,
/Ihar