[openstack-dev] [neutron] packet forwarding

Abbass MAROUNI abbass.marouni at virtualscale.fr
Mon Dec 23 14:26:52 UTC 2013

Hello Ian,

Found some anti-spoofing rules in the ebtables (ebtables -t nat -L) of the
compute-host where my router VM is located. These rules are automatically
generated by libvirt for each VM and are usually generated from a preset of
rules (anti-ip-spoofing.xml). Disabling this rule didn't help as I found
later that there are some iptables chains also on the compute host that did
some anti-spoofing filtering (iptables -t filter -L).
So one need to disable the libvirt anti-ip-spoofing and the iptables
anti-spoofing.
I disabled the libvirt anti-ip-spoofing by removing the filter from
nova-base (virsh nwfilter-edit nova-base) and manually added a rule to
iptables.

Thanks a lot.
Abbass.