[openstack-dev] [Horizon] Support for Django 1.6

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Mon Dec 23 11:02:16 UTC 2013

On 12/20/2013 04:39 PM, Matthias Runge wrote:
> On 12/19/2013 04:45 PM, Thomas Goirand wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Sid has Django 1.6. Is it planned to add support for it? I currently
>> don't know what to do with the Horizon package, as it's currently
>> broken... :(
>>
>> Thomas
> Yes, there are two patches available, one for horizon[1] and one for
> django_openstack_auth[2]
>
> If both are in, we can start gating on django-1.6 as well.

> Matthias

Hi Matthias,

Thanks a lot for these pointers. I tried patching openstack-auth. While
it did work in Wheezy (with Django 1.4), all the 80 unit tests are
failing in Sid, with the following error:

ImportError: No module named defaults

while trying to do:

from django.conf.urls.defaults import patterns, url

Is there anything that I missed? Maybe a missing Django python module?

Cheers,

Thomas