[openstack-dev] [Openstack][qa][Tempest][Network] [Infra]Test for external connectivity

Yair Fried yfried at redhat.com
Sun Dec 22 20:00:52 UTC 2013

Hi Guys,
So, I'm done with my patch:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/55146
1. ping an external IP
2. ping a url to test the dns
3. check VM's resolve.conf
4. change the dns server and recheck resolve.conf

My issue now (same as before) is that this test cannot be executed (and therefore pass) on the gate unless the gate is configured for external connectivity.

A. How do I get the neutron gate to allow it's VM external connectivity (i.e. ping 8.8.8.8)?

Considering Jeremy's comment, I agree that depending on external ip/url introduces an unnecessary point of failure. However IMO, using multiple addresses is not the best way to proceed , I'd rather test against a local node. Therefore:

B. Can I get the neutron gate to enter it's own (local) DNS server? A local url?
C. I this a change I can push to some project by myself, or do I need someone to change this for me (infra?)?

I would really like your input in this matter, as I am in the final stretch of this patch and cannot move any farther by myself

Regards
Yair Fried