[openstack-dev] [oslo][nova] oslo common.service vs. screen and devstack

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Fri Dec 20 15:56:38 UTC 2013

On 12/20/2013 09:59 AM, Sean Dague wrote:
<snip>
> So as Clint said, SIGHUP is only appropriate to do that *if* the process
> is daemonized. If it's in the foreground it's not.
>
> So that logic needs to be better.

This is basically a blocker for adding any upgrade testing from
something later than havana. Grenade upstream is still functioning
because the service code wasn't merged into nova until after havana was cut.

However there is a desire to do more interesting upgrade patterns, and
without the ability to shutdown nova services on master in the gate,
that's going to hit us pretty hard.

So I'd like to get this fixed soon. As digging us out of this later is
going to be way more expensive.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague