[openstack-dev] [QA][Tempest][Ceilometer] Pollster's testing strategy

Nadya Privalova nprivalova at mirantis.com
Fri Dec 20 13:18:49 UTC 2013

Hi guys!

For QA and Tempest guys brief description of Ceilometer's pollstering.
Ceilometer has several agents that once in 'interval' asks Nova, Glance and
other services about their metrics. We need to test this functionality,
'Interval' is defined in pipeline.yaml file and is 10 minutes by default.

I'd like to discuss the strategy of pollster's testing in tempest. Now we
need to wait 10 min to test the correctness of pollsters' work, as I
understand it is not appropriate.
I see the following solutions here:
1. Add smth like 'if tempest then interval = 5 sec'. This change should go
to gating AFAIU
2. Add additional functionality in Ceilometer: run_all_pollsters_on_demand.
I think this may be useful not only in tempest.

All your comments will be highly appreciated,

Thanks,
Nadya