[openstack-dev] [Neutron][IPv6] Three SLAAC and DHCPv6 related blueprints

Shixiong Shang sparkofwisdom.cloud at gmail.com
Wed Dec 18 13:10:20 UTC 2013

Hi, Ian:

I won’t say the intent here is to replace dnsmasq-mode-keyword BP. Instead, I was trying to leverage and enhance those definitions so when dnsmasq is launched, it knows which mode it should run in.

That being said, I see the value of your points and I also had lengthy discussion with Randy regarding this. We did realize that the keyword itself may not be sufficient to properly configure dnsmasq. Let us discuss that on Thursday’s IRC meeting.

Randy and I had a quick glance over your document. Much of it parallels the work we did on our POC last summer, and is now being addressed across multiple BP being implemented by ourselves or with Sean Collins and IBM team's work. I will take a closer look and provide my comments.

Thank you for sharing!

Shixiong