[openstack-dev] [Neutron][IPv6] Three SLAAC and DHCPv6 related blueprints

Shixiong Shang sparkofwisdom.cloud at gmail.com
Wed Dec 18 02:07:52 UTC 2013

Hi, team:

I created a new blueprint to reflect the work we accomplished in the previous POC to enable dnsmasq in SLAAC mode. In addition, I took the action item two weeks ago from weekly sub-team meeting to explore DHCPv6 options. The goal was to run dnsmasq as DHCPv6 server and provide both optional information and/or IPv6 address to VM in the tenant network. Below you can find the link to the new blueprints, which are all related to the mid-term goal in Sean’s original proposal.

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/neutron/+spec/dnsmasq-ipv6-slaac
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/neutron/+spec/dnsmasq-ipv6-dhcpv6-stateful
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/neutron/+spec/dnsmasq-ipv6-dhcpv6-stateless

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

Shixiong