[openstack-dev] [Neutron][IPv6] Change I5b2313ff: Create a new attribute for subnets, to store v6 dhcp options

Collins, Sean Sean_Collins2 at cable.comcast.com
Tue Dec 17 20:41:17 UTC 2013

On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 07:39:14PM +0100, Ian Wells wrote:
> 1. The patch ties Neutron's parameters specifically to dnsmasq.  It would
> be, I think, impossible to reimplement this for isc-dhcpd, for instance.

While I agree in theory with this point - there are currently no
active blueprints to add another DHCP server to Neutron. The isc-dhcp
one has been stalled for quite a long time.

Frankly, if we can think of better names for the modes that we're
looking to have happen for v6 provisioning, that doesn't rely directly
on dnsmasq-isms, I'm all ears. Feel free to propose better names for the
modes and we'll create a map between the modes and what you pass to
dnsmasq.

--
Sean M. Collins