[openstack-dev] [governance] Becoming a Program, before applying for incubation

Flavio Percoco flavio at redhat.com
Tue Dec 17 14:23:34 UTC 2013

On 17/12/13 11:54 +0100, Jaromir Coufal wrote:
>On 2013/16/12 15:19, Flavio Percoco wrote:
>>1. Programs that are not part of OpenStack's release cycle shouldn't
>>be considered official nor they should have the rights that integrated
>>projects have.
>I don't agree on this point. There might be supportive teams, which
>are helping OpenStack in general (like UX) and they are not exactly
>part of release cycles. Why should this team and effort be excluded
>from official recognition?

They do receive recognition. Infrastructure, Documentation, Release
Management. Those are programs that don't have actual projects but are
critical for OpenStack's releases.

It's a matter of just labeling the program as official. My point there
is about Programs that just have a non integrated project under their
umbrella.

Cheers,
FF