[openstack-dev] OS::Metering::Alarm?

Steven Hardy shardy at redhat.com
Tue Dec 17 09:32:37 UTC 2013

On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 08:59:19AM +0000, Sebastian Porombka wrote:
> Hi Folks.
>
> I’m currently trying to understand the openstack mechanics in detail (e.g. to fix various ec2 api shortcomings) and reached heat. I tried to add heat to our on-premise installation and failed to try the ‚AutoScalingCeilometer.yaml‘ demo template. Heat-api throwed a
>

> ==> /var/log/upstart/heat-api.log <==
>
> 2013-12-17 09:51:30.268 3341 ERROR root [-] Unexpected error occurred serving API: Unknown resource Type : OS::Metering::Alarm

Probably the reason is your default environment doesn't contain the mapping
to OS::Ceilometer::Alarm, as OS::Metering::Alarm was renamed a while ago:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/43460/

So you can either s/Metering/Ceilometer in your template, or update your
environment to map the old to new resource name.

Steve