[openstack-dev] [TripleO] [Horizon] [Tuskar] [UI] Horizon and Tuskar-UI merge

Radomir Dopieralski openstack at sheep.art.pl
Tue Dec 17 08:31:09 UTC 2013

On 17/12/13 09:04, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> On 12/16/2013 10:32 PM, Jaromir Coufal wrote:

[snip]

>> So by default, I would say that there should exist Project + Admin tab
>> together or Infrastructure. But never all three together. So when
>> Matthias say 'disabled by default', I would mean completely hidden for
>> user and if user wants to use Infrastructure management, he can enable
>> it in different horizon instance, but it will be the only visible tab
>> for him. So it will be sort of separate application, but still running
>> on top of Horizon.
>
> I think the "disabled by default" approach is the wrong one. Instead, we
> should have some users with enough credentials that will have the
> feature, and others will not.

[snip]

The thing is, as Jarda writes, that Tuskar is for managing a different
cloud than the rest of the Horizon. With TripleO you have two clouds,
one, called Undercloud, consists of real hardware and is managed by the
datacenter administrators -- that is the one where Tuskar runs. The
other, called Overcloud, is deployed on the Undercloud machines, and is
the cloud that the users actually use. It's managed by normal Horizon.
Those two instances of Horizon live on separate machines, in separate
networks and have separate sets of users.

I agree that in a general case your proposition would be much better,
but in this case it doesn't really make sense to have the "normal"
Horizon in Undercloud, and require the admins to specially configure the
users to see Tuskar. Instead, a preconfigured installation of Horizon
with Tuskar enabled seems much better.

--
Radomir Dopieralski