[openstack-dev] [cinder] weekly meeting

John Griffith john.griffith at solidfire.com
Tue Dec 17 04:05:27 UTC 2013

On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 8:57 PM, 赵钦 <chaochin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> I think the current meeting schedule, UTC 16:00, basically works for China
> TZ (12AM), although it is not perfect. If we need to reschedule, I think UTC
> 05:00 is better than UTC 04:00, since UTC 04:00 (China 12PM) is our lunch
> time.
>

> On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 11:04 AM, John Griffith
> <john.griffith at solidfire.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Prompted by a recent suggestion from Tom Fifield, I thought I'd gauge
>> some interest in either changing the weekly Cinder meeting time, or
>> proposing a second meeting to accomodate folks in other time-zones.
>>
>> A large number of folks are already in time-zones that are not
>> "friendly" to our current meeting time.  I'm wondering if there is
>> enough of an interest to move the meeting time from 16:00 UTC on
>> Wednesdays, to 04:00 or 05:00 UTC?  Depending on the interest I'd be
>> willing to look at either moving the meeting for a trial period or
>> holding a second meeting to make sure folks in other TZ's had a chance
>> to be heard.
>>
>> Let me know your thoughts, if there are folks out there that feel
>> unable to attend due to TZ conflicts and we can see what we might be
>> able to do.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> John

Hi Chaochin,

Thanks for the feedback, I think the alternate time would have to be
moved up an hour or two anyway (between the lunch hour in your TZ and
the fact that it just moves the problem of being at midnight to the
folks in US Eastern TZ).  Also, I think if there is interest that a
better solution might be to implement something like the Ceilometer
team does and alternate the time each week.

John