[openstack-dev] Project-Scoped Service Catalog Entries

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 22:17:35 UTC 2013

On 12/16/2013 04:17 PM, Georgy Okrokvertskhov wrote:
> By they way, there is an initiative to create generic metadata
> repository based on Glance project. As services endpoints are just URLs
> they also can be stored in this Glance metadata repository and have all
> features related to visibility and access control provides by this
> repository.

Well, hold on there :) The proposed enhancements to Glance for a generic
application metadata repository are a bit different from a service
catalog, for one main reason: the service catalog is returned by
Keystone in the Keystone token, and the service catalog will be [1]
scoped to the owner of the token that was authenticated by Keystone.

I think because of the current relationship between the service catalog
actually being within the construct of a returned Keystone token,
Keystone, at least for the foreseeable future, is the appropriate place
to do this kind of project-scoped service catalog.

I'm actually pretty familiar with the code in Keystone, and I was
planning on implementing the proper region resource in the 3.2 API [2].
I would not mind doing the coding on Gabe's proposed project-scoped
catalog once [1] has been implemented (API spec: [3]).

Best,
-jay

[1] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/keystone/+spec/service-scoped-tokens
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/54215/