[openstack-dev] [TripleO] [Horizon] [Tuskar] [UI] Horizon and Tuskar-UI merge

Matthias Runge mrunge at redhat.com
Mon Dec 16 13:03:40 UTC 2013

On 12/13/2013 03:08 PM, Ladislav Smola wrote:
> Horizoners,
>
> As discussed in TripleO and Horizon meetings, we are proposing to move
> Tuskar UI under the Horizon umbrella. Since we are building our UI
> solution on top of Horizon, we think this is a good fit. It will allow
> us to get feedback and reviews from the appropriate group of developers.

I don't think, we really disagree here.

My main concern would be more: what do we get, if we make up another
project under the umbrella of horizon? I mean, what does that mean at all?

My proposal would be, to send patches directly to horizon. As discussed
in last weeks horizon  meeting, tuskar UI would become integrated in
Horizon, but disabled by default. This would enable a faster integration
in Horizon and would reduce the overhead of creating a separate
repositoy, installation instructions, packaging etc. etc.

>From the horizon side: we would get some new contributors (and hopefully
reviewers), which is very much appreciated.

Matthias