[openstack-dev] [nova] time for a new major network rpc api version?

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Sun Dec 15 22:12:02 UTC 2013

On 16 December 2013 03:36, Matt Riedemann <mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:
> I was looking at this review [1] and grepping through the code on that
> method and found a lot of old code [2][3] that needs to be removed but can't
> until we bump the network API version to 2.0.
>
> I know Russell has started bumping the compute RPC API version so would
> something like this for the network API fall under the same blueprint? [4].
> I'm not sure if the network API was also in mind for that blueprint.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought we could delete anything we
don't support migration-from anymore, irrespective of major RPC
version. We don't guarantee compat with all of RPC version 2...

That said, doing anything to the network RPC API seems premature until
the Neutron question is resolved.

-Rob

--
Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hp.com>