[openstack-dev] [bugs] definition of triaged

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Fri Dec 13 14:07:27 UTC 2013

On 12/12/2013 04:46 PM, Robert Collins wrote:
> Hi, I'm trying to overhaul the bug triage process for nova (initially)
> to make it much lighter and more effective.
>
> I'll be sending a more comprehensive mail shortly

before you do, let's agree what we're trying to solve.  Perhaps you were
going to cover that in your later message, but it wouldn't hurt
discussing it now.

I actually didn't think our process was that broken.  It's more that I
feel we need a person leading a small team that is working on it reguarly.

The idea with the tagging approach was to break up the triage problem
into smaller work queues.  I haven't kept up with the tagging part and
would really like to hand that off.  Then some of the work queues aren't
getting triaged as regularly as they need to.  I'd like to see a small
team making this a high priority with some of their time each week.

With all of that said, if you think an overhaul of the process is
necessary to get to the end goal of a more well triaged bug queue, then
I'm happy to entertain it.

--
Russell Bryant