[openstack-dev] [TripleO] [Tuskar] [UI] Icehouse Requirements - Summary, Milestones

Imre Farkas ifarkas at redhat.com
Fri Dec 13 14:04:09 UTC 2013

On 12/13/2013 11:36 AM, Jaromir Coufal wrote:

> *VERSION 0*
> ===========
> Enable user to deploy OpenStack with the simpliest TripleO way, no
> difference between hardware.
>
> Target:
> - end of icehouse-2
>
> Features we need to get in:
> - Enable manual nodes registration (Ironic)
> - Get images available for user (Glance)
> - Node roles (hardcode): Controller, Compute, Object Storage, Block Storage
> - Design deployment (number of nodes per role)
> - Deploy (Heat + Nova)

One note to deploy: It's not done only by Heat and Nova. If we expect a
fully functional OpenStack installation as a result, we are missing a
few steps like creating users, initializing and registering the service
endpoints with Keystone. In TripleO this is done by the init-keystone
and setup-endpoints scripts. Check devtest for more details:
http://docs.openstack.org/developer/tripleo-incubator/devtest_undercloud.html

Imre