[openstack-dev] Neutron Distributed Virtual Router

Ian Wells ijw.ubuntu at cack.org.uk
Thu Dec 12 01:12:02 UTC 2013

Are these NSX routers *functionally* different?

What we're talking about here is a router which, whether it's distributed
or not, behaves *exactly the same*.  So as I say, maybe it's an SLA thing,
but 'distributed' isn't really user meaningful if the user can't actually
prove he's received a distributed router by using the APIs or seeing
traffic flow differently.

I think, by the names you're referring to, the NSX routers acutally have
different user visible behaviour, and that's a different matter entirely,
obviously you want, as a user, to choose one or the other.
--
Ian.