[openstack-dev] [OpenStack][Heat] AutoScaling scale down issue

Jay Lau jay.lau.513 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 15:43:48 UTC 2013

Greetings,

Here come a question related to heat auto scale down.

The scenario is as following:
I was trying to deploy hadoop cluster with heat Auto Scaling template.

When scale up a slave node, I can use user-data to do some post work for
configuration file on hadoop master node base on the information of slave
node (The mainly configuration file is conf/slaves as I need to put slave
node to this file);

But when scale down, seems I have no chance to do some configuration for
the master node (Remove the scale down node from conf/slaves) as master
node do not know which slave node was scale down.

Does anyone has some experience on this?

Thanks,

Jay