[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Does any plugin require hairpinning to be enabled?

Collins, Sean (Contractor) Sean_Collins2 at cable.comcast.com
Tue Dec 10 23:01:54 UTC 2013

Hi,

We currently have a bug for IPv6 work, which is to disable hairpinning
on the bridge that Nova creates. By default, it is always turned on,
which prevents instances from configuring IPv6 SLAAC addresses

https://launchpad.net/bugs/1251235

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/56381/

Daniel Berrange has suggested that it be a per-VIF attribute - and in
principle I agree - provided that the default is to not enable
hairpinning.

I would appreciate anyone's thoughts in the matter.

--
Sean M. Collins